Tuesday, April 17, 2012

"Kind of Famous" Chicken Parmesan

Another Basque Stage Candidate post. This recipe may seem common and too simple to put on a culinarian blog, but trust me theres a method to my madness. Me and chicken parmesan go way back; everytime my grandparents would let my brother, my cousin, and I cook dinner this is what we made. Pretty much because that was the only thing we knew how to cook at our young ages. Everytime I have chicken parmesan I think of my family and all sorts of good times. So, I decided to use our "famous" recipe and make some fancy tweaks on it.

Chicken Parmesan

4 SLBL Chicken Breasts
1c Zesty Italian Vinaigrette
1c Italian Breadcrumbs
1/2c Shredded Parmesan


For Pesto:

2c Baby Spinach Leaves
3/4c Almonds
1clove Garlic
AN Extra-Virgin Olive Oil




Parmesan Crisps

1c Shredded Parmesan


Instructions:

For Chicken:

1. Preheat oven to 375*.


2. Cut each chicken breast in half and pound to 1/4in thickness.





*The one on the left is what it should look like.






3. Put the vinaigrette in a medium bowl, combine breadcrumbs and parmesan in another medium bowl.



4.Bread the chicken by first coating in vinaigrette then the breadcrumb and parmesan mix.




5.Put breasts in a deep pan and roast in the oven until done(use thermometer).






For Pesto:

1. In a food processor puree the almonds, spinach, and garlic.


2.Slowly drizzle in the olive oil until the mixture is the right, spreadable consistency.



Parmesan Crisps:

1. On a parchment lined pan create small, thin circles of parmesan cheese.


2. Bake in a 375* oven until golden brown and crisp.



Plate the chicken, cover with pesto, and top with parmesan crisp.





Now all thats left to do is enjoy! ;)

6 comments:

  1. Your gormet chicken parmesean is totally awesome! You have grown into a passionate, energetic, creative chef! We are so proud of all of your hard work! You never cease to amaze me!! Keep up the GREAT work! To God Be The Glory!! We are praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I misspelled gormet...gourmet and parmesean....Parmesan. I was in a hurry. Ooooops.

      Delete
  2. Looks yummy!!! Can't wait to try it Miss Hillary. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hillary, I bet your Papa would have wanted this variation after all of the other times you cooked for him! LOL I want to try this.
    Laura Wilson

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that is an interesting way to do the Parmesan!

    ReplyDelete