Friday, June 22, 2012

Tuxedo Strawberries

Sharp Dressed Strawberries


Recently I was asked to make the grooms cake for two of my good friends. They wanted the best grooms cake possible so the obvious choice for decoration was chocolate covered strawberries. Not just any chocolate strawberries, but tuxedo strawberries!

Now im not going to lie, when they asked this of me I was a little intimidated, I had never made them before. But because my friends are just that awesome and I love them I decided to give it a try. As it turns out, they're actually just as easy as they are adorable.



So easy, I figured I would share the instructions with you guys. Even though there are videos on youtube and probably plenty more resources online.


Tuxedo Strawberries

Ingredients:



1pkg Fresh Strawberries (washed and patted dry)
3oz White melting chocolate
3oz Dark melting chocolate(I say dark but its more like milk chocolate, I just want have a clear distinction for my OCDs sake)
toothpicks for detailing










1. Once you get all the ingredients ready, melt the white chocolate by following the instructions on the chocolate package.







2. Now, you can do this two ways. You can dip only the front of the strawberry or you can dip the whole berry in white chocolate. It works either way, it just depends upon whether you really like white chocolate or not. Let the coating dry before continuing to the next step. It helps to put the strawberries in the fridge first if this hasnt already been done.





















3. Melt the dark chocolate and dip each side at an angle so both dipped sides together look like a very snazzy jazzy jacket.
 You want to have a nice "V" shape.




4. Take your toothpick, dip the tip in chocolate and make 3 little chocolate buttons down the white part with it.


















5. Now comes the bowtie which frustrates me sometimes. It can be trickier than actually tying a bowtie, when using the wrong technique. You may develop one that works wonders but here's the way I do it: Make a slightly bigger chocolate dot above the buttons.



















On one side of the dot put a glob of chocolate, then spread it around so it takes on a triangle shape with the top point pointing on the dot. On the remaining side of the dot place a glob of chocolate and spread it into an identical triangle shape. Let it dry and you've got yourself a bowtie!



















 6. As Im sure you already know they are delicious and quite enjoyable. Which brings us to the final step: Enjoy ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment